It was learnt on Tuesday that the judge has decided to deliver the judgment on Friday.
Justice Abdukadir Abdu-Kafarati announced his withdrawal from the case in the open court on March 22, 2016, when judgment in the suit was to be delivered.
The development followed reports on Sahara Reporters and another online platform, Naij.com, accusing the judge of having been compromised by Saraki with N2bn bribe.
Justice Abdu-Kafarati, while withdrawing from the case, said his integrity had been maligned by the reports and the honourable thing for him to do was to disqualify himself from the case.
The judge, who quoted copiously the online reports, said he had been caught between two devils, as his decisions to either rule in favour or against Saraki would result into wrong interpretation by the reading public.
Saraki’s lawyer, Mr. Ajibola Oluyede, had subsequently petitioned the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Ibrahim Auta, asking him (the Chief Judge) to persuade Justice Abdu-Kafarati to go ahead to deliver the prepared judgment.
It was however gathered on Tuesday that Justice Auta had acceded to Saraki’s request and directed the judge to proceed to deliver his judgement.
It was learnt that Justice Auta’s decision was hinged on the fact that none of the parties in the suit complained about the conduct of the judge.
Justice Auta was also said to have held the opinion that the judge could not disqualify himself from further handling the case based on mere allegations made in the media.
Our correspondent confirmed on Tuesday that parties to the suit had been notified of the new date for judgment.
Justice Abdul-Kafarati had on March 1, heard and fixed March 22 for judgment in Saraki’s case.
DISCLAIMER:Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ABN TV