It was an offering of prayer sessions, endorsements and other activities as the honourable member representing Arochukwu/Ohafia federal constituency, Hon. Uko Nkole received an audience with anointed men of God who came to pay him a solidarity visit on Saturday 7th July, 2018 at his country home, Ozu Abam.
In their speech, the Ohafia South Indigenous Clergymen unequivocally endorsed Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu and Hon. Uko Nkole for a second term in their respective offices based on equity , justice, and unparalleled representation of her constituency in the Green Chamber.
Also, the Christian Association Of Nigeria, (CAN), AROCHUKWU/OHAFIA chapter offered prayers and exaltation from the word of God and also lent their voice in support of his second tenure.
The Ohafia South Indigenous Clergymen leadership submitted further that for similar obvious reason that the eight clans in the two local governments Arochukwu and Ohafia are the bonafide owners of the constituency and that the position has been rotating in between the sister local governments on an unbroken two termly tenure arrangement.
Hence, reiterated their support for the gentleman agreement for Arochukwu LGA to complete her straight second tenure especially with the unprecedented quality representation enjoyed under his watch in the federal constituency and also the fact that Ohafia LGA have just had her eight years uninterrupted in the representation in the Green Chamber in the last administration of Governor T. A. Orji who is the current senator of Abia Central district and that justice demands Abam clan under Arochukwu LGA complete theirs as God is not an author of confusion as the clergymen stated.
In his response, Hon. Nkole thanked the clergymen fora for their separate visit and promised more good tidings and also encouraged them to pray for our dear country for God’s serious intervention.
He equally used the opportunity to donate a vehicle to The Very Reverend Ibe Uduma Obasi in fulfillment of an earlier promise and presented some of his modest achievements so far with an assurance that more shall come when the Executive commences the implementation of the 2018 capital National budget.
CAPITAL PROJECTS SPREAD ACROSS THE ENTIRE CONSTITUENCY
* Ndi Okereke Abam Water Scheme
* An ongoing surface water scheme and treatment And treatment plant at Abam
* Ibina Ohafia Water Scheme
* Amuvi Water Scheme, Arochukwu
* Water reticulation at Eziukwu and Mgbaga from Ekeluogo Water Scheme, Ebem Ohafia
*Rehabilitation of Ishi Mmiri Elu, Ohafia while the reticulation will commence soon as it has been captured in 2018
* Rehabilitation and ongoing reticulation of Abiriba water scheme which has been moribund for over 20 years
* Borehole at Umuzomgbo, Ihechiowa
*Ongoing Construction of a borehole water at Amuke Ohafia
* Rehabilitation of Anyim bridge that links Abia to Akwaibom State in Atani Abam completed since 2016
* Rehabilitation of Afagala bridge , Idima Abam completed since 2016
*Ongoing Rehabilitation of Ndi Ebe Abam bailey bridge- 70%
*Reconstruction of Mmuri bridge , Ebem Ohafia Completed in 2014 while the total rehabilitation was nominated on the 2018 budget.
* Attracted the ongoing Construction of Arochukwu/Ohafia bridge (Omenuko Bridge, Igwu River, Ozu Abam ).
*Construction of one bedroom apartment for a widow at Ndi Ememe Abam.
*Construction of one bedroom apartment for a widow at Mgbaga ,Ebem Ohafia
* Ongoing completion of 5 bedroom corpers lodge from lintel level: a project embarked upon by the Amuru Abam Women in 2017.
* Tiling the Auditorium of The Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, Ameke Abam and Ndi Oji Abam Parish in 2018 including the renovation of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, Atani Abam .
*Donated over 100 bags of cement for palliative work to control drainage in Elu Ohafia.
*Rehabilitation of Ndi Ememe Abam Primary Health Centre completed in 2016 and to be equipped any moment from now.
* Ongoing construction of a Primary Health Centre in Amanta, Abiriba.
* Ongoing construction of Amaetiti Ihechiowa Primary Health Care Centre.
* Procurement of drugs and health equipment to be distributed to General hospitals and health centres in Arochukwu and Ohafia.
* Payment of hospital bills to some indigent patients.
* Supported financially the 2015/2016 CHAMA free medical scheme for those that undergone surgery.
* Attraction of a solar based E-learning centre with over 40 computer sets at Abam High School, Ozu Abam.
*Provision of school desks for Ofali Agwu Community SchooL, Amaekpu Ohafia.
* Ongoing construction of 5 classroom blocks in Amankwu Ohafia.
*Provision of school desks and exercise Books for Amaogudu Community School, Abiriba.
* Moved a bill for an act to establish the Federal Polytechnic Abiriba which has passed second reading and awaiting public hearing.
Already, the take off site and the facilities at Onarubi Technical Secondary School, Abiriba has been inspected and approved.
* Provision of school desks for Amamba/Ukpo Community School, Abiriba.
* Construction and furnishing of an administrative block for Nkporo Comprehensive Secondary School, Nkporo Ohafia.
* Provision of school desks and executive office furniture to Nkporo Comprehensive Secondary School, Nkporo Ohafia.
* Construction of five classroom block and a laboratory for Obiene Technical School, Ututu.
* In partnership with CHAMA (A Canada based NGO), Hon. Uko Nkole built a six classroom block at Ndi Aku Ohafia, a village in Ohafia that has existed for 100 years without any Elementary school.
*Registration of First School Leaving Certificate Examination for over 600 indigent pupils in Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency.
*Power Enhancement for Ndi Ememe Odonyi College road, Abam.
*Provision and installation of Transformers for the following;
Hospital road, Elu
Isiama Layout, Amaekpu,
Timber shade, Ebem.
*Enhancement of Electricity with A sub-station within the premises of Hope Waddel University and her precinct in Okagwe Ohafia.
*Restoration of light in Ndi Ibe and Oboro Ohafia.
* Installation of solar street lights in Okagwe and Nkwebi Ohafia.
* Provision of low tension cables to support rural electrification in Ndi Okpo Ihechiowa.
* He has also taken up and addressing the issue of overbilling of members of his constituency by EEDC.
*Ongoing construction of Amaukabi 1km road in Amangwu Ohafia which is 90% completion.
* Payment of counterpart fund Okon-Aku Ohafia community to enable Abia State Community Social Development Programme (AB-CSDP) rehabilitates the Amafia road in Okon-Aku Ohafia.
* Influenced the return to site of the contractor handling the ongoing rehabilitation of the Arochukwu- Ohafia- Abiriba federal road, Beks Kimse Nigeria Limited.
*Attracted the ongoing repairs of Phase 11 and rehabilitation of the Umuahia-Bende- Abam- Ohafia federal road by the Federal Government.
* Attracted the construction of Abiriba-Nkporo-Ohafia road currently under execution by the Federal Ministry of Works with the project scope : Abiriba through Amurie-Etitiama-Elughu Nkporo-Nguzu Junction, Ohafia.
* Put into 2018 budget the rehabilitation of Okagwe-Nkwebi-Oboro Ohafia road.
* Facilitated the return to site of the contractor handling the Eziafor Ohafia-Biakpan road project by NDDC.
* Nominated the construction of Okagwe-Osso Edda road that will connect Ohafia and Ebonyi State which I am working out in synergy with Senator Sonni Ogbuoji from Ebonyi State.
* Introduced the E GO GO AGAIN SHUTTLE for Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency.
*Donated buses to;
i) National Union of Road Transport, Ohafia.
ii) Abam Council of Ndi Eze Ogo
iii) Equipped Ohafia PDP Abia State leaders with vehicles including individuals.
iv) Equipped Wards, Groups and Individuals with Motorcycles.
* Organized an Entrepreneurship Development Training for his constituency.
* Empowering the women with finance to boost their business and training of youths in different vocations.
HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT SPREAD ACROSS THE ENTIRE CONSTITUENCY
FEDERAL CIVIL SERVICE
1.Peter Uke Ohaeke, Idima Abam- Ministry of Power, Works and Housing.
2.Agwu Irem, Ovukwu Abam – Ministry of Science and Technology.
3.Ijoma Dickson, Ndi Oji Abam – Ministry of Labour and Employment.
4. Ijechukwu Egbuta – Ohafor, Ozu Abam – Ministry of Education.
5. Ogbu James- Ohafor Ozu Abam – Bureau of Public Procurement.
6. Ume Uka – Ohafor, Ozu Abam- Office of Auditor General of the Federation.
7. Okorie Mary Thompson, Ozu Abam – Ministry of Education.
8. Prince Emeaba – Ameke Abam – Federal Medical Center, Umuahia.
9. Friday Oge, Ndi Ebe Abam – Federal Ministry of Education.
10. Odachi Kalu Okereke, Ndi Ibom – Federal Capital Territory Health Services.
11. Promise Okorie, Ozu Abam – Ministry of Trade and Investment.
12. Ojebe Orji, Ozu Abam – Ministry of Information.
13. Aki Obuba Erem, Asaga Ohafia – Office of the Surveyor General of the Federation.
14. Chiori, Chiori Inyama, Asaga Ohafia – Federal Ministry of Finance.
15. Ukoh Ifeoma Doris, Asaga Ohafia – Federal Ministry of Information.
16. Nkwa Ndukwe Iro, Ebem Ohafia – Ministry of Education.
17. Ukiwe Kalu Ebitu, Abiriba – Ministry of Works, Power and Housing.
18. Dr. Ufere Aso, Nkporo Ohafia – Federal Ministry of Health.
19. Kalu Kenneth – Ututu, Ministry of Labour and Employment.
20. Raphael Kalu Okore, Ututu – Ministry of Education.
21. Dr. Josephine Kalu- Ututu, Ministry of Health.
22. Ndukwe Ijechukwu Okoro – Federal Ministry of Education.
23. Chukwudi Jude – Federal Ministry of Education.
24. Chinomso Victor Ozukwe – Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment.
25. Onwumere Ojinnaka Vincent – Office of the Surveyor General of the Federation.
1. Kalu Blessing Ucha – Nigerian Navy, Amuke Ohafia.
2. Kalu Samuel Okonkwo – Nigerian Navy Amaeke Abiriba.
3. Kalu Samuel Okonkwo – Nigerian Navy, Amaeke Abiriba.
4. Kalu Favour Chinedu – Nigerian Navy, Elughu Nkporo.
5. Ekeh Joy Sunday – Nigerian Navy, Okpo, Ihechiowa.
6. Akachi Daniel Akabueze – Nigerian Navy Amuvi Arochukwu.
7. Okereke Michael Iheanacho – Nigerian Navy, Isu, Arochukwu
8. Udonsi Belinda Ezinne – Nigerian Navy, Ujari Arochukwu.
9. Egbuta Samuel Agwu – Nigerian Navy, Ndi Oji Abam
10. Kalu John Nmaju – Nigerian Navy, Ozu Abam.
11. Okorie Olaka – Nigerian Navy, Atani Abam.
12. Azu Chinazam Amos- Nigerian Army, Ndi Okereke Abam.
13. Edward Ikenna-Nelson – Nigerian Army ,Ozu Abam.
14. Obasi Ibuchim Awa – Nigerian Airforce , Ndi Ojiaku Abam
15. Kalu Chinalurum Oyeoku – Nigerian Navy Ebem Ohafia.
16. Kalu Samuel Okoronkwo – Nigerian Navy, Amaeke Abam
17. Okoronkwo Emmanuel Chigozie – Nigerian Navy, Amuvi, Arochukwu.
18. Kalu Chukwuemeka Ota – Nigerian Navy Isiama.
19. Nwokoro Nkechi Grace – Nigerian Navy Amuvi, Arochukwu.
20. Okoro Chikwado Ezekiel – Nigerian Navy Asaga, Arochukwu.
21. Onoh Emmanuel Chimaeze, Nigerian Navy,
In another development, Hon. Nkole as a Special Guest graced the wedding ceremony between Mr. George Eke Imaga (brother to Hon. Kingsley Eke Imaga- former PDP Chairman, Ohafia LGA) and former Miss Chinenye at May-Ten Hotel, Elu Ohafia after his further interface with the leadership of Ohafia Youths Movements who came to show solidarity and affirm their commitments to ensure his reelection 2019.
DISCLAIMER:Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of Abia Breaking News