A Mitsubishi L300 18 seater bus driver is currently counting his losses as fire razes his only source of income to ashes.
A source who spoke with Abia Breaking News said the driver noticed a sign of fire around Army check point at Emelogu junction. According to him, the driver and sympathizers had difficulty bringing the fire under control because it sparked off from under the vehicle.
The fire reached its peak at Opopo junction opposite Ehere primary school where the bus finally caught in flames.
The driver according to our source was mostly devastated due to a recent major repair he effected on the bus in preparation for the Christmas season. He added that the driver just obtained a Belgium engine and gear box which cost him a fortune.
A resident Toengine West Africa Otuakaodi advised motorists to always check their wiring properly and always ensure that their cars have a functional fire extinguisher.
DISCLAIMER:Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of Abia Breaking News