A youth association under the auspices of Abam Onyerubi Youth Association has frowned at what it called tantrum being hauled at the person of the Honourable Member representing Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency Hon. Uko Ndukwe Nkole and other Abam sons.
In a release signed by the Secretary of the Association, Emmanuel K. Idika and the President, John Kalu Irouwa, they vowed that they will ensure the victory of Hon. Uko Nkole, whom they said has raised the standard of representation in the Constituency.
They also warned those whom the Association accused of being brought over by some desperate politicians to desist from insulting the federal lawmaker or be sanctioned.
Read full release below;
ENOUGH OF THE INSULT ON HON. UKO NKOLE
It has come to our knowledge the fact that some disgruntled elements from Abam Onyerubi extraction have been bought over by some desperate politicians to be used as a tool to malign and throw tantrum on the person of Hon. Uko Ndukwe Nkole the Honourable Member representing Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency and other Abam sons.
We have followed diligently the series of insults unnecessarily hauled at Hon. Nkole over the period by one Sunday Nwaigwe and his cohorts, but choose not to bring the reputation of the ABAM ONYERUBI so low by replying him and others.
But we can’t continue to keep quiet and watch this son of a b**ch continue his ranting unchecked, even when he decides to overstep his boundaries.
We want to state as follows:-
1. That ABAM ONYERUBI YOUTH ASSOCIATION is a non political organisation.
2. That we have the right without any apology or permission from any body or group of persons to support any candidate who we believe has Abam agenda.
3. That recently we the ABAM ONYERUBI YOUTHS, precisely in December, 2018 wholeheartedly endorsed the second tenure bid of Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu with the likes of Sunday Nwaigwe and his paymasters not accusing Hon. Uko Nkole of playing anti party activities.
5. That several associations and groups from different parts of the State in particular and Nigeria in general are doing same without politicians of such places been indicted.
6. That without apology to anyone we will say it and say it even louder that Hon. Uko Nkole has raised the standard of representation comparing him to his predecessors, necessitating the entire constituency nicknaming him Mr. Project. It is therefore seen as petty jealous and exhibition of hatred for any person to question our unanimous decision to endorse and support him for a second tenure.
6. That if non performers were given the opportunity of completing their second tenure bid, it is apt and worth doing for us to proudly support our own who has set done so well.
7. That Hon. Orji K. Okorie who is the candidate for Labour Party in the forthcoming election, who is contesting to represent the good people of Arochukwu State constituency is also a worthy son of Abam Onyerubi, who have contributed immensely in Abam affairs.
8. That Hon. Orji Kalu Okorie independently decided to contest the election without any godfather. That we are worried how Sunday Nwaigwe and his paymasters will turn around to accuse Hon. Uko Nkole of sponsoring Hon. Okorie.
9. That considering Hon. Orji Kalu Okorie’s contributions in and outside politics and his blueprint for the youths of Arochukwu State constituency we have adopted him.
We want to state here categorically clear that we don’t owe Sunday Nwaigwe and his paymasters any explanation, but have chosen to make these clarifications to those who may tend to belief the blatant lies of the enemies of Hon. Nkole.
And we are by this release summoning Sunday Nwaigwe to meet with the Abam Onyerubi youths at Amaelu Abam on Wednesday the 16th day of January, 2019 by 12 noon or be sanctioned. A word is enough for the wise.
The ABAM ONYERUBI YOUTHS will continue to support excellence; as a way of reciprocating worthy sons and daughters of Abam. The era when good deeds were not noticed and appreciated by our people is gone. Let this be challenge to those who may decide to sell their rights for a pittance.
Emmanuel K. Idika
John Kalu Irouwa
DISCLAIMER:Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of Abia Breaking News