A group, Coalition of South East Youths for Buhari (COSYB) has accused the Vice Chancellor, Abia State University (ABSU) Prof. Ikonne of conniving with the SUG president, Chukwunyere Onyenso to make away with PVCs being distributed to their rightful owners at the school pavilion.
This is contained in a letter dated 11th February, 2019, signed by the Abia State Co-ordinator of the group, Izuchi Nwachukwu and addressed to the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Adamu and made available to ABN TV.
The group therefore condemned in totality the activities of the Abia State University Vice Chancellor and demand that the security agencies should investigate his activities towards the coming elections.
Read full letter to the IG below and document attached;
Mr. Mohammed Adamu
The Inspector General of Police
Louis Edet House,
OPEN LETTER TO THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE
Our attention has been drawn to the activities going on in Abia State University Uturu, where it has been alleged that, the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Ikonne in connivance with the SUG president, Chukwunyere Onyenso, made away with huge number of PVC’s that was being shared to the rightful owners at the school pavilion.
We state out our findings as follows:
(1) That the Abia State University Uturu, which is in ward 10 in Isuikwuato LGA has a great number of voters registration which is also a determining factor for winning elections in Abia north.
(2) That the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Ikonne before the day of that incident has made frantic efforts for the PVC’s to be released to him directly to dispatch to the students who owns the cards. Though, his efforts didn’t yield result, until, one of the INEC staff was asked to man the distributions.
(3) That, the Vice Chancellor and the University chief security officer, tried everything to take possession of the PVC’s while the INEC staff came into the school pavilion to distribute the PVC to the students.
(4) That, while the INEC staff were distributing the PVC’s at the pavilion to the students(owners), the SUG president, Mr. Chukwunyere Onyenso, upon instructions from the VC, Prof. Ikonne, came with the SUG bus and some rough looking boys, snatched the remaining PVC’s numbering to thousands from the INEC staff, and drove off the arena.
(5) That, by yesterday, Ikpeazu’s closest aides, the PDP House of Representatives candidate in Isuikwuato/Umunneochi federal constituency, Mr. Jude Udeachara, Chief Chris Odinaka(Chrisnak) and one Emeka Ikwuagwu are now making arrangements for student to come take PVC’s, to do multiple voting for N10,000 each, and findings has it that it’s for the same snatched PVC’s.
We hereby condemn in totality the activities of the Abia State University Vice Chancellor and demand that the security agencies should investigate his activities towards the coming elections.
We are aware that the university is a State owned institution, but that shouldn’t bring the Vice Chancellor, who is an academician to partisanship while still serving.
The VC has overtime, expressed serious hatred to the President, Muhammadu BUHARI even while discharging his duties. We demand for a thorough investigation on this matter.
Thanks for your attention!
Abia State Coordinator
COALITION OF SOUTH EAST YOUTH FOR BUHARI(COSYB)
(1) Commissioner of Police Abia State
(2) Mr. Y. Bichi
DG DSS Abuja
(3) Barr. BOSS MUSTAPHA
Secretary to Federal Government.
(4) Prof. Mahmoud Yakubu
Chairman Independent Electoral Commission.
DISCLAIMER:Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ABN TV