The Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie has given contractors in the state ultimatum to complete their various projects before the stated deadlines or risk sanction.
The areas where the contractors are expected to complete their jobs are Osisioma Junction – MCC Junction of Aba – Owerri Road, Obikabia – Umuene Road project in Isialangwa South LGA and Afo Ibeji Umuahia palliative road project and others.
In a release signed by the State Commissioner for Information, Chief John Okiyi Kalu, the Governor has also approved the immediate commencement of Operation Zero Pothole by the state ministry of works in Aba and Umuahia.
He instructed the contractors to do their jobs mostly at nights to minimize the effects of traffic logjams on the affected roads.
Read full release below
Following an extensive tour and review of ongoing road projects in the state, Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has approved the immediate commencement of Operation Zero Pothole by the state ministry of works in Aba and Umuahia. The contractors handling the projects are hereby advised to work mostly at night to ensure minimal disruption of traffic.
Furthermore, the Governor has directed contractors handling the following road projects to deliver before the stated deadlines or risk sanctions:
1. Osisioma Junction – MCC Junction of Aba – Owerri Road. The contractor has until 14th of November, 2019 to deliver the project and fully open the road to users.
2. Obikabia – Umuene Road project in Isialangwa South LGA is expected be completed before 30th of October, 2019.
3. Afo Ibeji Umuahia palliative road project should be completed before the end of October 2019.
4. The contractor handling Okpu – Umuobo – Mgboko Obingwa Road should resume work immediately to ensure completion before the end of first quarter of 2020.
5. Aba Road Umuahia project should be completed before the second week of November 2019.
6. Osusu Road contractor has a deadline of 30th October, 2019 to complete the Rigid Pavement Technology project.
7. Abiriba – Nkporo Road contractor should hand over the completed project by 30th November, 2019.
8. The state ministry of works has also been directed to execute extensive palliative maintenance work on Ururuka Road within 10 days to ensue free flow of traffic on all segments of the road.
9. The contractor handling Osisioma Flyover is hereby directed to immediately commence sucking out the water at the road median preparatory to final phase of work on the project.
Governor Ikpeazu will lead a monitoring team to ensure that concerned contractors comply with these directives.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commssioner for Information
DISCLAIMER:Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ABN TV
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to [email protected]
Please drop your comments below
Breaking News12 hours ago
Identity of Robbers Who Invaded Filling Station In Umuahia Revealed (Photos+Video)
Breaking News20 hours ago
Senators Okorocha, Orji Kalu Meet on Welfare of Ndigbo (Photos)
Abia News18 hours ago
No single bank robbery since I became governor – Ikpeazu
Breaking News19 hours ago
Man electrocuted to death while vandalizing AEDC cable in Abuja (Graphic Photos)
Breaking News13 hours ago
Court Throws Out Busola Dakolo’s Case Against Pastor Fatoyinbo, Orders Her To Pay Him N1million Damages
Breaking News20 hours ago
Gbajabiamila tasks NCC on SIM cards’ registration
Opinion10 hours ago
As Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme Regains Her Freedom, There Must Be Justice For Her Driver And Police Orderly
Breaking News9 hours ago
Aisha Buhari Begs Kogi People To Forgive Yahaya Bello Over Unpaid salaries